The NYC Department of Environmental Protection and Department of Air Resources now require Annual Tune-Ups for all equipment with a minimum heat of 2.8 MMBTU or greater. This would be your DEP Registration II Boilers.
In accordance with Dep Guidelines Owners must:
- Perform tune-up Combustion Efficiency Reports per Burner for High and Low Fire Oil/Gas
- Check the following and report if maintenance or repair is required for the following:
- Fireside and Waterside Surfaces of the Boiler
- Breeching and Chimney Base
- Electrical and Combustion Control Systems
- Calibrate the Air-to-Fuel Ratio Control System and Draft Control System
- Adjust Burner to achieve desired Flame pattern and eliminate Flame Impingement
- Optimize 02 levels to 4-5% or the Manufacturer’s Specifications
- Post-Tune-Up Combustion Efficiency Reports per Burner for High and Low Fire Oil/Gas
The Licensed Plumber performing the inspection will complete DEP’s paperwork with the annual tune-up data, including all combustion efficiency results. The building Owner should retain a copy of the filed form.
Records of the dates and procedures of each tune-up and results of these tests must be kept by the owner for a minimum of five (5) years and must be submitted within five (5) business days if requested by the Department.
- A copy of manufacturer-recommended tune-up specifications should be included with the Annual Tune-Up Recordkeeping Form