All owners are required to create a report containing the bedbug infestation history from tenants or unit owners, including whether eradication measures were used. Building owners must report bedbug infestation information for each dwelling unit to Housing Preservation & Development (HPD) on an electronic form. Once the report is filed, its then posted in a prominent building location or provide a copy of the form to each tenant with the tenant’s vacancy and renewal leases.
Bed bug incidents from November through November are filed to HPDONLINE within December 1st to December 31st. This process will have to be repeated annually.
You will need to report the following information:
- The address of your building;
- The number of units in your building;
- The number of units, as reported or otherwise known, that had a bedbug infestation during the year;
- The number of units in which eradication measures were taken during the year;
- The number of units that had a bedbug infestation after eradication measures were taken.