Effective Date: May 22, 2017.
- Vitralogy Content
- Provided Content
You may be provided with the ability to provide or upload Content, including, without limitation, text, files, articles, posts, images, graphics, animation, artwork, illustrations, information, data, audio, video, photographs, and other content, to the Platform (such Content is “Provided Content”). You agree to abide by all standards and policies for Provided Content established by Vitralogy and in all cases not to provide or upload any Provided Content that is illegal (or advocates illegal activity), libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, pornographic, threatening, false, misleading, inaccurate, an invasion of privacy, or a violation, infringement or misappropriation of the IPR or other rights of any third party. Vitralogy reserves the right not to accept any Provided Content for review under the Services. You represent and warrant to Vitralogy that you own all IPR in and to all Provided Content, including, without limitation, all intellectual property and other proprietary rights in and relating to the Provided Content.
You agree and hereby grant to Vitralogy and other users a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual and irrevocable right to use, copy, store, reproduce, modify, display, adapt, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, sublicense, and display all Provided Content throughout the world in any form, format, media, software, or technology of any kind for promotional or non-promotional purposes. In addition, you waive all moral rights in all Provided Content (or warrant that all moral rights applicable to such Provided Content have been waived). You agree to do all acts and sign all documents as may be reasonably required for Vitralogy to perfect or exercise its rights in or to the Provided Content.
- Platform Technology
The Platform, and the databases, software, hardware and other technology used by or on behalf of Vitralogy to operate the Platform, and the structure, organization, and underlying data, information and software code thereof (collectively, the “Technology”), constitute valuable trade secrets of Vitralogy. You will not, and will not permit any third party to: (1) access or attempt to access the Technology except as expressly provided in this Terms and Use; (2) use the Technology in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Technology; (3) use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Technology; (4) alter, modify, reproduce, create derivative works of the Technology; (5) distribute, sell, resell, lend, loan, lease, license, sublicense, or transfer any of your rights to access or use the Technology or otherwise make the Technology available to any third party; (6) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or otherwise attempt to derive the method of operation of the Technology; (7) attempt to circumvent or overcome any technological protection measures intended to restrict access to any portion of the Technology; (8) monitor the availability, performance, or functionality of the Technology; or (9) interfere with the operation or hosting of the Technology.
In order to access the Platform, you will have to create an account. You must submit a valid email address and select a password during the registration process. By electing to use the Platform, you agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by any registration form for the Platform, and you agree to maintain and promptly update any registration data to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, or Vitralogy has any reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, Vitralogy may suspend or terminate your account and refuse to offer you any and all current or future use of the Platform. By creating an account for the Platform, you also agree to the following:
- i. The account must be specific to you – accounts may not be shared with other users.
- ii. You understand that sharing account information or allowing others to access your account could result in removal of your account.
- iii. You will notify Vitralogy of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security as soon as you become aware of such use or breach.
- iv. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account by any third party.
- Intellectual Property
The content on the platform provided by Vitralogy is provided “as is.” Vitralogy makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. further, vitralogy does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the technology or content or otherwise relating to the technology or content or on any sites linked to this platform. Vitralogy does not warrant that (a) the functions or services (including but not limited to mechanisms for the downloading of content) provided by this platform will be uninterrupted, secure, or free of errors or that (b) The technology is free of viruses or other harmful components.The platform is not designed, intended or licensed for use in situations where failure could lead to significant bodily harm or death, in hazardous environments, or in environments requiring fail-safe controls.
- Limitations of Liability
The Content appearing on the Platform could include technical, typographical, photographic errors, or other inadvertent errors or inaccuracies. We reserve the right, but without obligation, to make changes to document names and materials or to otherwise update or revise the Platform from time to time, though we are not obligated to do so. Vitralogy does not warrant that any of the Content on this Platform is accurate, complete, or current.
- Links to Third Party Sites
Vitralogy has not reviewed all of the sites linked to this Platform and is not responsible for the content of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link on our Platform does not imply endorsement by Vitralogy of the third party Platform or any products or services available through such third party Platform. Use of any such linked Platforms is at your own risk.
By accessing or using the Platform or any Content available through this Platform, you agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Vitralogy from any claims, damages, losses, liabilities, and all costs and expenses of defense, including but not limited to, attorneys’ fees, resulting directly or indirectly from a claim by a third party that arises in connection with (i) your use of the Platform or any Content available through this Platform; or (ii) the Provided Content that you upload or provide to the Platform.
- Governing Law; Disputes
- Improvements; Feedback
Many of our customers are interested in submitting ideas, feedback and suggestions for products and services to be used at Vitralogy, either independently of, or in conjunction with, our internally developed concepts. Vitralogy appreciate our customers’ interest in improving the Content or Platform; however, please note that any such ideas or suggestions that you submit will become the property of Vitralogy, without compensation to you. You shall, and hereby do, assign to Vitralogy your entire right, title, and interest (including, without limitation, all patent rights, design rights, copyrights, and trade secrets) in: (i) any modifications or improvements to the Content (other than Provided Content) or Platform which you may propose or make at any time (“Improvements”) and (ii) any suggestions, comments and feedback you provide to Vitralogy regarding the Content or Platform, including but not limited to its usability, bug reports, and testing results (collectively, “Feedback”). Vitralogy may use and otherwise exploit the Feedback and Improvements as it wishes with no compensation to you. In the event that any of your rights with respect to any Improvement or Feedback are not fully assignable or otherwise transferable to Vitralogy for any reason whatsoever, you shall, and hereby do, grant to Vitralogy an exclusive (including with regard to you and your affiliates), irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license in and to all of your rights with respect to such Improvement or Feedback and all intellectual property rights therein. You shall notify Vitralogy of any Improvement within a reasonable time after its development and provide Vitralogy with access to all information concerning such Improvement as Vitralogy shall reasonably request. Furthermore, Vitralogy has no obligation to keep any Improvements or Feedback confidential.
The Information We Collect How We Use Information How We Share Information How We Secure Information How We Communicate With You Your California Privacy Rights Miscellaneous
The Information We Collect
We collect both personal and non-personal information from you online.
How Do We Collect Information?
- What you give to us. We may collect some information from you by asking that you provide it to us on the Platform. For instance, we may ask you for your email address or other contact information on the Platform or you may provide information about yourself by using the Platform.
- What we receive from vendors (for customers). We may obtain information about you from the third party vendors that provide services. For example, third party vendors that use the Platform to provide services for you may upload information related to the type of building serviced, information on tenants in the building, and the services performed.
- What we receive from customers (for vendors). We may obtain information about you in the process of you providing services to customers. For example, in the process of providing services, you may provide or upload employee information to the Platform.
- Web Beacons. A web beacon is an electronic file on a web page that allows us to count and recognize users who have visited that page. Among other things, a web beacon can be used in HTML-formatted email to determine responses to our communications and measure their effectiveness – for instance, if you get an email from us and click on a link in that email to go to the Platform . You can generally avoid web beacons in email by turning off HTML display and displaying only the text portion of your email.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address. As you enter the Platform, we capture and retain the IP address of the device you are using, such as a personal computer or a mobile device.
How We Use Information
Our primary purpose in collecting information about you is to perform our services. We may also provide you with products, services, and information that we think may be of interest to you. We may also decide to use information about you to track how you use the Platform. In addition, we may aggregate the information that you provide with the information that other users provide in order to conduct research, analysis, or studies for our own purposes (i.e., not related to providing you with specific products or services).
We may decide to send emails to people who provide us with their email address. If you decide that you do not want to receive commercial emails from us, you can “opt-out” from receiving such emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of every commercial email. Please note that if you choose to opt-out, we will still send you e-mail relating to specific products or services that you purchase, or e-mail that we believe is pertinent to any communication that you have sent to us, or relationship that you may have with us. If you decide at a later time that you would like to receive commercial emails from us, you can re-add yourself to our communication list.
How We Share Information
We may share personal information or non-personal information with other companies in the following situations:
- Sharing Your Information with Service Providers. We may share information with companies or individuals that provide us with services. These services may include, among other things, helping us to provide services that you request, to create or maintain our databases, to research and analyze the people who request products, services or information from us, to prepare and distribute communications, or to respond to inquiries. Any party with whom we share your personal information is required either contractually or by law to keep it confidential and not to disclose it without your consent and to only use such personal information as required for the services to be performed.
- Sharing Your Information with Vendors (for customers). In addition to service providers, your information may also be shared with third party vendors that use the Platform to provide services to you. Your information will only be shared with vendors that you authorize.
- Sharing Your Information with Customers (for vendors). In addition to service providers, your information may also be shared with customers when you provide services to them. Your information will only be shared with customers to whom you provide services or whom you otherwise authorize.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Process. We may disclose information to government and regulatory agencies to comply with a lawful summons, court order, subpoena, discovery request, fraud investigation, audit, regulatory examination, or other valid court, government, or regulatory agency request.
- Business Transition. In the event that we or any portion of our assets are acquired, your information may be transferred to the acquiring company.
How We Secure Information
How We Communicate With You
or write to us at:
2950 Expressway Drive South
Islandia, NY 11749
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your information, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address:
2950 Expressway Drive South
Islandia, NY 11749
Children. We do not provide products and services to children, or knowingly collect or solicit information from children under the age of 13.
Other Platforms. The Platform may link to third parties’ platforms. It is also possible that third parties’ platforms or e-mails may link to the Platform. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by third parties. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these platforms before transmitting any personal information to third parties.
Last Revised: May 22, 2017